Lent Day 37: Jesus prayed for you!

(Jesus, speaking to his Father in heaven) “I have shown you to the disciples you gave me out of the world. They were yours. You gave them to me. And they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. I gave them the words you gave me. And they accepted them. They knew for certain that I came from you. They believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world. I am praying for those you have given me, because they are yours." John 17:6-9

On the last day before Jesus was crucified, he let his disciples had a conversation with his Heavenly Father. Can you imagine overhearing that?

Even though Jesus would die a horrible death and take all the sins of his disciples and the world upon his own shoulders, he was still asking God to be generous and to watch over them.

Followers of Jesus belong to him because God has given us to him - and because we belong to God. That's no small thing.

Jesus was thinking of you and me as well as the people closest to him at that time.

Do you study what scripture says about Jesus - do you want to know everything? Do you obey the truth that he reveals? Do you accept that Jesus has come from God and has gone back to heaven?

If so, the prayer of Jesus for you was for you. Thank him for that today, You can read his whole prayer here.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine