Lent Day 14: Sheep and goats; betrayal by a trusted friend
The words of Jesus could not go without a response. He challenged the spiritual systems of his day - and created powerful enemies among the leaders.
How do I respond to the words of Jesus? Would he consider me a sheep or a goat at the judgment of God?
Jesus was arrested and condemned by political and religious rulers. But he was also betrayed by someone in his inner circle, one of his closest friends.
Matthew 25:31-46; 26:1-16
Matthew 26:17-35
Matthew 27:36-56
Matthew 27:57-75
We'll read more details about the betrayal of Peter in the other gospels. Jesus not only warned Peter but included him in the intimate last supper without holding him at arms' length.
Have I ever betrayed a friend? (Or been betrayed by someone I trusted?) How did I respond?
How do I respond to the words of Jesus? Would he consider me a sheep or a goat at the judgment of God?
Jesus was arrested and condemned by political and religious rulers. But he was also betrayed by someone in his inner circle, one of his closest friends.
Matthew 25:31-46; 26:1-16
Matthew 26:17-35
Matthew 27:36-56
Matthew 27:57-75
We'll read more details about the betrayal of Peter in the other gospels. Jesus not only warned Peter but included him in the intimate last supper without holding him at arms' length.
Have I ever betrayed a friend? (Or been betrayed by someone I trusted?) How did I respond?
