Lent 34. Jesus: Dying

This Lent, we're examining qualities of Jesus that make him our role model as well as our Savior and Lord.

--- JESUS: DYING FOR OTHERS ---

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.  And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16 NIV

I'm staggered that someone died for me. Took my punishment after himself being an ideal person - 

God-with-us.

God-for-us.

Now we get to reflect his extreme love to others. Consider setting a feast for someone today, refusing to take offense at what is done to you, or lay aside your own plans to help another person.

SELF-ASSESSMENT: In what ways am I willing to die so that others can live? 

What practical way can I lay down my rights and my own agenda to bring life to someone else today?

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us