Lent 7. Jesus: Holy

This year's Lenten theme is qualities of Jesus that make him our model, as well as our Savior and Redeemer.

--- JESUS IS HOLY  ---


Those who knew Jesus best recognized that he was different. 'Holy' means set apart, not common, and pure - in the ultimate sense. 

I am awestruck that God himself, set utterly apart from us, would come to live with us. I cannot grasp a love so deep and determined that it does the unthinkable to make our relationship possible. 

Simon Peter answered, “Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.” John 6:68–69

Self-Assessment: Where do go when I want to celebrate? To whom do I automatically turn for help? 

How might I train my heart to look first, 
constantly, 
and without pause 
to the Holy One who loves me best?

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us