Lent 4. Jesus: Purposeful

This year's Lenten theme explores the qualities of Jesus that make him our model as well as our Savior and Redeemer.

---JESUS WAS PURPOSEFUL---

Jesus knew who he was and what he was uniquely suited for. He knew his mission and his assignment from his Father in heaven.

So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, 
then you will know that I am he 
and that I do nothing on my own 
but speak just what the Father has taught me." John 8:28


I found my purpose statement, created years before we decided to go overseas. I'm surprised by its intentionality and focus.

"I will speak, encourage and connect people to facilitate beauty, wholeness, and partnerships that build the Kingdom of God, inside and outside the Church."

It was true for me then and is more so now.

*Self-Assessment: What is the purpose God designed for you? In what ways might you find your sweet spot, to do what is best-suited to your calling, strengths, and surroundings?

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us