Lent 13. Jesus: Loving
This year's Lenten theme is qualities of Jesus that make him our model, as well as our Savior and Redeemer.
In the interactions of Jesus, we see a God who loves us. Among the rich and the poor, whether with children or old and respected persons, if sick or healthy, Jesus treated everyone with dignity and respect. When someone needed correction, he loved him or her enough to do that, too.
There wasn't a loud shout of "HEY MAN, I LOVE YOU!!!!" or a lot of showy demonstrations. Jesus shows us the consistent care and compassion of God's value and attention on each person.
Paul wrote: Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35, 37
No matter what your circumstances, God refuses to let you out of his sight. He extends his concern and kindness on each of us because he loves you and me.
*Self Assessment: Is there anyone I avoid because they are irritating or seem unloveable? If Jesus were giving me direct instructions the next time I met him or her, what would he advise? How would his love be demonstrated?
Am I willing to act with his love for me as my model to love that person or those persons?
--- JESUS IS LOVING ---
In the interactions of Jesus, we see a God who loves us. Among the rich and the poor, whether with children or old and respected persons, if sick or healthy, Jesus treated everyone with dignity and respect. When someone needed correction, he loved him or her enough to do that, too.
There wasn't a loud shout of "HEY MAN, I LOVE YOU!!!!" or a lot of showy demonstrations. Jesus shows us the consistent care and compassion of God's value and attention on each person.
![]() |
| Care in community: a happy birthday celebration among students exploring the world (2011) |
No matter what your circumstances, God refuses to let you out of his sight. He extends his concern and kindness on each of us because he loves you and me.
*Self Assessment: Is there anyone I avoid because they are irritating or seem unloveable? If Jesus were giving me direct instructions the next time I met him or her, what would he advise? How would his love be demonstrated?
Am I willing to act with his love for me as my model to love that person or those persons?
