Lent 10. Jesus: Powerful
This year's Lenten theme is qualities of Jesus that make him our model, as well as our Savior and Redeemer.
--- JESUS IS POWERFUL ---
Jesus can satisfy our needs and overcome the pressures that seem to crush us. The Apostle Paul recognized his own weakness. He learned to live with human suffering and abandonment. He was insulted, experienced hardships, the hatred of others, and many other troubles because he followed Jesus.
But Paul discovered that his relationship with Jesus made him strong and able to bear whatever happened.
Sometimes we forget that we're not alone. The One who made the universe - the One who holds all things together - is the One who loves us and never sleeps. He knows your name and mine. He understands the complications of relationships, the strains of finances, and the sorrow of loss.
Jesus invites us to share everything we experience with him. He promises to strengthen us and carry us through.
[Jesus] said, ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’
So now I [Paul] am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9–10
Self-Assessment: Is there an area of your life where you feel helpless? Out of control? Are you willing to show that weakness to Jesus and accept his strength and his solution? Why or why not?