Lent Day 31: Lord have mercy

On God rests my salvation and my glory; 
my mighty rock, my refuge is God. 
Psalm 62:7 ESV


I love the song Lord Have Mercy and it's my heartfelt plea to God on the eve of my birthday.

So often we get wrapped up in our own agendas or trust our own strengths, ignoring our utter dependence on God. As I listened to the song tonight, I was astonished again at the kindness and generosity of God in showing mercy to us again and again.

God is the foundation of our salvation. Of any accomplishments we might want to own. He alone is our refuge, the footings on which we lay the foundations of our lives. How Good he is! And how grateful I am tonight to serve and worship the One True God who loves his creatures and creation.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine