Opening up life

Since we cleared, cleaned, and sorted the office, life has opened up. Not only am I working on the dissertation, but I've adopted the most wonderful rescue dog to keep me company as I study.

With the office in a mess, it was easy to distract myself from studies and keep busy without doing anything. Now that it's in place, time stretches in front of me each morning and wants to be filled. I was lonely - it was too quiet and there were too many words left over at the end of the day. (Pity W, who has used up all of his at NU.) Spike's a great dog, gets me out the door for 2 walks a day that add up to 3-4 miles. That's enough cardio and sunshine, for sure. (http://bichondogs.blogspot.com)

I bought a folding Pilates reformer machine that I use almost daily. It folds up and stashes when I'm not using it. I would NEVER have had room for it with the messes in both my office and the reading-guest room next door.

How I am enjoying my spaces. The rest of the house is sorting itself out bit by bit as I revel in this clean space. Once in a while W comes in to do something, but he has to take everything with him when he leaves, and he only uses the room when I'm gone.

God is good - and Lynn is good at what she does. The spaces continues to delight and function.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine