Week 4: Using the space

I'm happy. My floor and desk are littered with books and other things. The easel beside the computer props up my 'bathtub' research notebook so I can rewrite scribbles to my computer. About a dozen books sprawl to my right, within easy reach for reference and re-reading.

On the floor under the computer, there's a chair pad, unearthed when W tidied his office this week. A kneeling strip under my desk elevates my soles to fit the task chair. I move the strip to the icons and candles to elevate my soul as I kneel for morning meditation. My hot wax spa and two boot baggies are nearby, plugged in once or twice a week to warm cold feet when I wake at night. Luxury.

I've emptied the white file boxes under the desk - not sure what my plans are for them. The paper boxes holding the old files (from a previous attempt to find a dissertation topic) will be stashed in another room. Someone came by for the pink office chair that gave me back cramps. Gone! Other office supplies for pick-up are cluttering the entry outside. I'll just toss them into the "Blind" charity pile next week.

Best of all, as my room continues to evolve, my final paper is getting written. I found favor with the PhD advisers, who gave me permission to proceed on the missionary women's dissertation. They waived my international class requirement for an extended module and said I may audit the Relief and Development course as my final class if I'm in Springfield this summer. If so, my classwork will be completely done by July, and the rest of this degree will be between advisers and desk.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us