Week 3: Consider the possibilities

"Consider the possibility" - one of L's catch phrases. We've sorted two rooms into support and office. We've labeled the one next door "Repose" (as in, a place to re-position = rest, refresh, and recollect myself before heading back into the office). The office is the Flow to Progress, and allows me to move (flit) around as I work.

My office walls have more specific direction after today's session. To the right of the door where I first head into the room:
Essence - Authenticity; Theme - Tracking; Anchor - Lists, mirror; Statement - "Where am I in the process of what needs to be accomplished?"; Need - Self-honesty; Felling - Centered.

Across the room, where I usually head second:
Essence - Openness/ Respectful Consideration; Theme - Sorting information; Anchor - Questions; Statement - "How does this enhance or diminish the question?"; Need - Contribution; Feeling - Energized

And where I will consolidate into a paper:
Essence - Focus; Theme - Scholarship; Anchor - Purpose Statement; Statement - "What does this add to what is known?"; Need - Competence; Feeling - Soul-satisfaction

And finally, where I get to flit, with a window looking out into the forest:
Essence - Truth; Theme - Self-expression; Anchor - Table; Statement - "Good enough is good enough"; Need - Release; Feeling - Equilibrium

When we're done in the office, we go into the room next door. L snaps me into focus on three tasks: move out the photos and memorabilia to a sorting area downstairs. (Hey kids, you'll get to see yourselves in baby pictures. Oh oh). Vacuum. Put the giveaway stuff in another sorting station. We're done just after noon.

I'm not as worn out this week as I was last week. Between sessions, I sold lots of stuff, moved things to their 'real' home, and discarded. Final sorting lies ahead, and my laundry room needs an overhaul because sewing stuff has moved back in.

Over all, there is such a peaceful sense of purposefulness in my new rooms. L's ability to sort through fluff and get to the point is staggering. Or maybe I'm just staggering inside my head. At times, I've felt a bit like I was doing one of those "impulse" psych quizzes where your school counselor determines your personality or interests. I occasionally wanted longer quiet to think through lists - does this really fit? Or is this more what I'm moving towards? Such hesitation is so unusual for me. It feels like I no longer trust myself after the past two years.

Historically I'm a trigger-puller. The process of untangling myself from my past desk still has me off-kilter once in a while. I have to check if my responses are true (congruent with myself) or something I'd try to say to please others. (Not that that worked very effectively!)

L assures me I'll 'come back to myself' in this room process. I find that every time I walk into the re-worked office, I am more relieved and released. I can feel the fragmentation coming back together as I'm tossing out inner acquisitions that don't serve me well. I'm hearing my own voice and recognizing creativity again. Asking what God wants from each day. Considering the possibilities. Thanks, Lynn!

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine