Reflection
My office shines. The round glass table sits in the middle of the room. I found a tempered glass patio window for the top of my 6' wide, lateral, light maple file cabinets. The long sheet sits under the window, overlapping my small glass desk by 15". So I tuck the pages of phone numbers and to-dos under the corner, and there is nothing but the reflection of sky as I sit at my desk. I like my office.
There's something about light that refreshes and invigorates. A huge mirror beside my chair reflects the beautiful fields and trees into the room. "I'd be so distracted," laughed my student assistant. But I rarely look at myself, so it's as though I have extra windows. Like acquiring $1000 real estate for $20. The room makes me smile when I walk in each morning. All those Windex tissues I am going through are a small price to pay for a room that gleams and sparkles.
There's something about light that refreshes and invigorates. A huge mirror beside my chair reflects the beautiful fields and trees into the room. "I'd be so distracted," laughed my student assistant. But I rarely look at myself, so it's as though I have extra windows. Like acquiring $1000 real estate for $20. The room makes me smile when I walk in each morning. All those Windex tissues I am going through are a small price to pay for a room that gleams and sparkles.