Hit the sheers

Last year in Malaysia, I bought 30 yards of sheer window fabric. If I sew correctly, I will have a few little strips and 2 yards left over, which I might use to cover two little windows by the front door. So I may have nothing to store.

Before I sew the drapes, I have other work to do. After my job today, I'll have to play piano for choir practice. I'm thinking my lunch break would be a good time to cut out the lengths. Then I have to take my sewing machine down to the long dining table so the fabric doesn't bunch while I sew. I'm dreading 14' matching of squares and the great gobs of white mesh.

But it will be great when it's done. The ribbons that wrap up the winter drapes are ready and waiting to keep the pleats crisp in storage.

And we are two big bookbags lighter - I took aquarium and bird books to the science department and dropped a stack off for the library sale.

It's one thing after another. The house feels like it's beginning to breathe.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us