Toss!

"Wow, it looks like someone has been cleaning!" my future daughter-in-law exclaimed yesterday. The kids all "come home" for Sunday lunch, and they were looking around.

I continued with my purge after they left by starting in on 20 years of home decor magazines. I tossed dozens of magazines after tearing out a page here and there. My house has moved from European classical to modern in the past year as I've pared down buttons and patterns for color and straight lines. So I don't need photos of tall moldings, the mix of stripes and geometry, or overstuffed furniture.

I threw a few books in the garbage. My husband pulled one out: "Why would you not pass this along?" Because it's not good, wholesome, or helpful. Toss! Feels good.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us