Weekend work
We have a houseful of people in Saturday. 21 for dinner. A few guys had asked to see the newly remodeled bathroom, so I put everything but the essentials away in the bath. The crisp white shower curtain, the fluffy white towels, and powder blue mats create a spa atmosphere. W and I tidy the bedroom, my condition for anyone coming through the room. It is such a pleasure to walk in with the floors clear, the dresser tops organized.
Friday, I picked up three "ghost" chairs to replace two classic, plush green armchairs. (2 Marie and 1 Louis chairs. http://www.highbrowfurniture.com/seating/products/K4852/ and http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/04/ghost_in_the_chair_design_is_milky_not_spooky-2.html) "Surprisingly comfortable," said one guest.
Yay for paper plates. This first year without china, it takes only an hour to clean up when everyone leaves. The morning after we put away a few pots and tidy up the last few dishes. W also puts the computers and printers (left behind our kids after they moved) on Freecycle (www.freecycle.org). Freecyclers swing by Sunday morning to get things from our porch.
Friday, I picked up three "ghost" chairs to replace two classic, plush green armchairs. (2 Marie and 1 Louis chairs. http://www.highbrowfurniture.com/seating/products/K4852/ and http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/04/ghost_in_the_chair_design_is_milky_not_spooky-2.html) "Surprisingly comfortable," said one guest.
Yay for paper plates. This first year without china, it takes only an hour to clean up when everyone leaves. The morning after we put away a few pots and tidy up the last few dishes. W also puts the computers and printers (left behind our kids after they moved) on Freecycle (www.freecycle.org). Freecyclers swing by Sunday morning to get things from our porch.