Saucy

I went into the depths of the basement yesterday and packed up two big garbage bags with carpet remnants, papers, and scraps left behind by children's moves. W hauled them away this morning. There are a heap of books, unread for several years, ready to move on. I started a new Craigslist series of posts to get rid of them.

When I advertised for help with yardwork, I got 35 replies in a half hour. I chose a farmer's kid - who will hopefully prune and weed over the next few weeks. We have a wedding here soon, so we have to clean up the yard before spring.

One of the advantages of telecommuting is that breaks are actually useful time. Today, between sorting enews and serving alums, I sorted the kitchen pantry - which already had a severe going-over due to a moth infestation in the fall. When arranging my cupboards with their new glass inserts, I had purchased a few shelves that expand to cupboard width, and used them for spices. This morning, I dragged the bottles of sauces from the lowest shelf of the pantry and arranged them on the top shelf where I can see them. (Woe is me if I buy another sauce before one is emptied!)

I washed bedding, recovered the beds, and rewarded myself with a piece of dark chocolate when it was all done.

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine