Leaving the past behind
Front closet week. I haul everything out of one side of the closet into the entry hall, vacuuming out the bird seed and grit. Shoes go back into the closet - when the carousels ordered online come next week, I'll sort them. The mops and dusting brushes land in a bin on the basement stair landing under the loop that holds the vacuum hose. A box of books sits waiting for disposal. The canaries fly around my head as I create order.
I've sorted dozens of magazines and kept only a handful. When I look through them, my taste has changed so much in the past three years that I can't remember why I earmarked the pages.
Life is change. It helps not to hang onto the past with the things of the past. Memories and photos will have to do.
I've sorted dozens of magazines and kept only a handful. When I look through them, my taste has changed so much in the past three years that I can't remember why I earmarked the pages.
Life is change. It helps not to hang onto the past with the things of the past. Memories and photos will have to do.