Magazines
I donated a handful of magazines and books this morning. Sorting paper is the hardest part of decluttering. Books and magazines, especially British home and European design magazines, become friends that are reread - and I miss them when I give them away. Well, I miss most of them.
I've decided to keep paring down. In Walsh's book, "It's All Too Much," he warns that it takes multiple passes through 'stuff' before a household is culled to the essence. I've gone from twenty magazine file boxes to eight, with a few tall stacks of European issues on gardening and home decor still to sort.
I'm living in someone else's dream when I look into a modern London townhouse, imagining myself in the spare, clean space. Realizing that they don't have a single picture of my house to clutter up their space!
I've decided to keep paring down. In Walsh's book, "It's All Too Much," he warns that it takes multiple passes through 'stuff' before a household is culled to the essence. I've gone from twenty magazine file boxes to eight, with a few tall stacks of European issues on gardening and home decor still to sort.
I'm living in someone else's dream when I look into a modern London townhouse, imagining myself in the spare, clean space. Realizing that they don't have a single picture of my house to clutter up their space!