Clearance
I gave away all our houseplants. They look so great when I bring them in after summer outside, and then gradually fade inside the house when I forget to water in the winter. Someone mentioned they were rebuilding a stock of houseplants after a recent move - voila. Perfect timing. Out they went. Now my windowsills are wiped clean, my drip saucers are in the dishwasher.
We picked up the books beside our bed and let the Roomba loose last night. I emptied it a few times. Paper lint, needles from the deck that drag in beside the sliding door, and dust. All gone!
With the money from the fish tank and aquarium plant sales of the past months, I bought a painting from a local artist. It's huge - 5 or 6 feet square. She hung it in a show in our university, where I fell in love with it. Decluttering means I have both the space and money to bring wonderful things into our home. Furniture and artwork that soothes and expresses where I am now, rather than who I was twenty years ago. This is great fun!
[I blog the internal journey at www.peacefulones.blogspot.com.]
We picked up the books beside our bed and let the Roomba loose last night. I emptied it a few times. Paper lint, needles from the deck that drag in beside the sliding door, and dust. All gone!
With the money from the fish tank and aquarium plant sales of the past months, I bought a painting from a local artist. It's huge - 5 or 6 feet square. She hung it in a show in our university, where I fell in love with it. Decluttering means I have both the space and money to bring wonderful things into our home. Furniture and artwork that soothes and expresses where I am now, rather than who I was twenty years ago. This is great fun!
[I blog the internal journey at www.peacefulones.blogspot.com.]