Bath refresh

I've been reading Peter Walsh's book, It's All Too Much, and agree with much of it. He's pretty ruthless with keepsakes, which I still have to absorb before implimentation. In the meantime, we're clearing one space after another.

In the master bath, Waldemar replaced our univiting 36" corner vinyl and glass shower with a custom-tiled shower that angles between whirlpool bathtub and vanity. Two side-by-side 30" oak vanities with a fake marble top were updated with a new 60" cherry unit, complete with granite top and under-mounted sinks. W trimmed and hung an angled shower rod a few inches from the ceiling. For simple opulence, we opted for a shower curtain on each side. Unable to find shower curtains long enough, I looped white ribbon through the grommets of 84" hotel-style polyester curtains to add 5". I hemmed 9' sheer curtain fabric with top loops already sewn in as the outer layer, completing the luxury look.

I purged and tossed old products, replacing worn linens with high-loft white spa towels and a sky-blue bath mat and rugs. Sugar flip-t0p canisters work perfectly to contain bubble baths and salts. They're as pretty as containers from high-end home stores.

When I walk in, it's like arriving at a luxury hotel. Now that's a bathroom refreshed for about one third the retail price!

Resources:
16" Wall and 2" floor tile: Home Depot
Granite, sinks, vanity: Hy's, Kirkland (half the price of next bid, with great selection)
Neo angle shower curtain rod: Signature Hardware online
Fabric and ribbon: Hancock Fabrics
Organic cotton bath mat and rugs: JCPenney online
Sugar and Cheese Canisters, item # 103072, Costco Business @ $2.54 for two
Organic cotton spa towels: Costco (pre-Christmas sale)
Extra-long shower curtain: Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Popular posts from this blog

Lent Day 23: A life in hiding

Lent Day 39: Sentenced for your crimes and mine

Lent Day 31, 2024: Pruning that profits us