Full house
My husband and I are collectors. We gather paper, books, gadgets, electronics, and all sorts of bargains. When we pursue a hobby or new interest, both my husband and I research thoroughly and accumulate "stuff" to outfit completely. Though the children are mostly grown and moved out, the house has remained full. The basement is full. The second floor is full. The garage is full.
But over the past months, I've been shedding furniture, excess linens, and gadgets from the first floor. A former child's bedroom upstairs has been decluttered to a guest room. Bit by bit, I intend to create order all through our living spaces. I don't mind if my husband's spaces (office and workshop) remain cluttered. But the shared rooms would be more beautiful with order and fewer things in them.
I'm going to start by tossing 50 things today.
But over the past months, I've been shedding furniture, excess linens, and gadgets from the first floor. A former child's bedroom upstairs has been decluttered to a guest room. Bit by bit, I intend to create order all through our living spaces. I don't mind if my husband's spaces (office and workshop) remain cluttered. But the shared rooms would be more beautiful with order and fewer things in them.
I'm going to start by tossing 50 things today.